american craftsman double hung window 32x57 wont stay open

A home owner from NJ says:
any chance you can help me out
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! When a window fails to stay open it usually means the balances need to be replaced. We're happy to help but more information is needed in order to identify what you may have. Can you remove an undamaged balance from the window and show us some photos? 

It does not look like there are any non broken balances. There appears to be a balance on each side but each of them are separated from the part above. There are wire coils near the middle of the window and also at the bottom. Four pieces in total. Thank you for taking an interest in this matter. I had really given up hope to find a solution.
Profile picture of Emily

It sounds like you have a coil balance. We may have a replacement but in order to help, we need to see a photo of the pivot shoe removed from the window track. It's usually located right below the coil springs. 

Some windows already have existing cut-outs in the track but if yours doesn't, you will have to make your own as shown in the video below. 

I agree that it is a coil system. I will take out the part and get a picture to you when my son returns from vacation or another family member can do it. Thank you.
Profile picture of Emily

I will be here to help whenever you can get that for us!

D297851
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 4.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the photos! I recommend our 15-087 pivot shoe which is designed to use the Series 180 coil springs. Since your old shoe is stamped with the number "7", you'll want the S180-7 7-pound coil spring. 

Thank you. I just ordered the parts.
Profile picture of Emily

Great, we truly appreciate your business! Please let us know if you need anything else and good luck with the repair. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.