arcadia door hardware

A from Utah says:
Hello, I am wondering if there is replacement parts for these.. The unit was built in 1965.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks so much
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm afraid this handle set hasn't been made in a long time. We did carry something similar at one time, but even that was discontinued a few years ago.

The only solution we have is to use a surface-mount handle set like our 82-005. These are nice because they have their own self-contained mortise, which means it doesn't have to interact with any hardware inside the door. This allows it to work just about anywhere. The only catch is that you'll need to drill new holes for it to install. Look it over and see what you think.

A quick learner from Utah says:
Hi thanks so much for your quick response. I just need to verify that this will work for double sliding doors?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think the 82-005 will work fine, though now that I think about it, the keeper that comes with it may not fit on the second sliding door that meets with the first. With that in mind you may need an 89-012; this is a side mount keeper that you could install on the face of the other door, which would give the 82-005 something to lock onto.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.