balance numbers and part screwed on top of window

A home owner from Flower Mound TX says:
my balances are listed as BSI numbers are 2830, 2840, 28 B and 28 C they are 29 inches long. Which model would be best?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1233.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1234.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for writing in! We would be happy to help you find replacement channel balances. The stamp that you indicate tells us the necessary spring strength, but we will still need to determine what series you have. In order to do this we will need to see clear images of the plastic fittings at either end of the channel. I would preferably like to see them from above with the open side of the channel, where the spring is revealed, facing up. 

In regards to your top sash guide, see the list I've created on the side. The best replacement will ultimately come down to the precise dimensions of your original part.

Here are some photos of my balances. My top sash guides are 7/8" x 7/8" on top, 1 1/2" long 5/8" wide. Do you have any in that size?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1246.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1247.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-1249.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Great, thanks for those follow up photos. It looks like you could have either our Series 351 or Series 390. The difference between the Series 351 and Series 390 lies in the depth of the shoe. Take a look at the picture below for more detail. Once you have determined this dimension you should be able to select the appropriate balance.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

In regards to your sash guide, I think the 18-199 looks like a good candidate.

Mine measures 1 3/16" will the s390 still work?
Profile picture of Casey

Ah, thank you for letting me know. In this case, you have the 15-003 shoe. This does not come with any of our stock options, but we can have it custom made for you. If you would like to proceed, please let me know your desired quantity for each stamp option. Then I will be able to send you a custom order link!

yes I need to place an order. 2 of the 30 and 2 of the 40 all 29" long and I will need 4 of the 18-199 and I wanted to order 2 sets of the brick clips.
Profile picture of Casey

Great! I just e-mailed you links for the custom balances you requested. You can add these to your cart, along with the rest of your desired items, on our website. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.