bottom mount drawer slide

A landlord from Seattle WA says:

Greetings, I found your website by trolling for pictures of bottom mounted drawer slides like the one I am looking for. you had a picture just like the one I seek but it's not a slide currently listed in your on-line parts catalog. This is your link to that picture:

https://www.swisco.com/images/pictures/2020/02/274076.jpg

even if you don't sell this slide, anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated as it will be challenging to retrofit any other slide into this bathroom vanity the tenant damaged.

you have great business, looking forward to spending more time with you website. Wishing you a great 2024.

kind regards, Kelly

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reaching out to us and wishing you a great 2024, as well! The bottom mount drawer slide in that photo appears to be used for American Woodmark cabinets. Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement match for your existing slide but our 32-062, used a long with the 32-089 Drawer Track Back Plate Pair or the 32-139 Rear Mounting Bracket Pair, may be worth considering as a replacement. 

You'll of course need to be sure to compare the dimensions for the length of your drawer slide to determine if you might need a shorter track; the 32-062 is 23-5/8" long. You'll also need to consider the length of the bracket pair you choose to make sure the drawer will be able to close properly.

Detail of 32-089
Detail of 32-089

Side view of 32-139
Side view of 32-139

This project would likely require some moderate modifications to retrofit this drawer slide pair for your cabinets but it could potentially work. I'm most certain it would require drilling new installation holes, especially to install the drawer sockets. Review the video below for an idea on how to install this drawer slide pair. See if this is something that could work for you.

The video does suggest using the 32-018 however, that drawer bracket pair has been discontinued and is no longer available.

A landlord from Seattle WA says:

Hi Jasmine,

great suggestion and the video was excellent. Thank you! And I so very much appreciate your fast response.

I've spent more time with your website and am blown away! If you were in Seattle, I would not have been a big customer but I would have been a regular one! I grew up in a small family run store-front business with a similarly huge ratio of unique suppliers to SKU's as you clearly do at Swisco so I offer my sincerest congratulations on your success and survival in this big-box/on-line addicted day and age!

OK, of course I was looking to replace just the bent track (child used a drawer as a step ladder...). I've got a really small cabinet to repair. So getting in there to accurately mark/drill those back holes for entirely new tracks would be the challenge. Might as well put in a new vanity carcase if I'm going to remove the marble top/sink/plumbing to get the room to work from the top. So going to investigate what I have for room with the drawer depth in the cabinet to maybe make a full sized plywood insert as the equivalent of the 'reinforcement' shown in your video that I could then pre-drill to essentially reface the back of the cabinet from the front.

Stay tuned and thank you again, I think you folks are awesome!

kind regards, Kelly

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kelly,

I'm glad to hear you found the information on our website to be helpful! We're happy to help with any other repair questions you might have.

I wish you luck in your repairs given the amount of hurdles in front of you and please let us know how your project works out!

Have a great day!

How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.