caldwell 24 4 block and tackle

A quick learner from Vancouver, WA says:
Hello,

I have a large window where one of the block and tackle came loose. We removed the window to take a look and see that one of the block and tackle has a broken plastic piece and the other one has its string crossing causing it to fray. I am curious if you carry these parts.

Thank you,

Eric
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! To identify the correct replacement balances, we'll need to see a photo of them removed from the window.

I've included a video below that details all of the information we'll need to provide you with the proper replacements.

A quick learner from Vancouver, WA says:
On them is written 24 4 FP Caldwell.

That stamp only tells us what the weight range your balance can carry, relative to the weight of the window. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to identify your balances using that information alone.

I'll need the information as detailed in the video above to make the correct balance recommendation.

A quick learner from Washington says:
Hello,

THe metal part of mine balances are 25 inches long. Here are photos the include the ends, the hook, and the markings. Let me know if I need to supply more photos.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230823_212944725.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230823_212940704.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230823_212904737.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230823_212837607.jpg

Thanks for the photos. It looks like you have either the S380-25 with a 1" shoe or the S385-25 with a 1-3/32" shoe. Like yours, the metal channel of these balances is 25". 

To determine which series is needed for your window, look over the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe. Let me know if it does not match either measurement.

You'll need to select the 2440 stamp.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Hello,

Mine seems to measure a bit longer than 1 3/32. So I assume it is the S385-25. Then I choose two and have them shipped to me?

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, that would be correct. You'll select your stamp, enter the quantity you need and the website will prompt you the rest of the way.

Hello again,

Thanks, I will order two. One has broken pulleys inside. The other one from the same window I wonder if it was made incorrectly as the string crosses itself and is starting to fray itself.

Eric

Okay great. Unfortunately, I won't be able to place the order for you. You'll need to use either of the links provided to your to place the order on the website.

Any idea what this is for? While closing the window I found it underneath it. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230826_164728544.jpg

I'm sorry to say I am not familiar with the hardware you have pictured here. Is there a chance that there might be one installed on the other side of the window or in a similar window?

A quick learner says:
I will look. It must have fallen off. It was in the way of closing it and wasn't there before.

Okay, great! Please let me know when you are able.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A quick learner says:
Hello again,

The new window balances work great.

The other piece I found and included a photo of was from the back of the window. It seems there should be two of them near the corners. Do you have this piece? I am curious what they are called.

Thank you again,

Eric

Hi Eric,

We're glad to hear the window balances worked well for you.

Thanks for confirming. I'm sorry to say that we do not carry a replacement for that bracket. You'll need to try the window manufacturer if they are still in business or perhaps a local hardware store.

I do apologize that we cannot assist with that part of your repair.

A quick learner says:
Hello, thank you for the reply. Is the piece just called a bracket? Thank you!

It could either be a bracket or some type of guide. However since this is not a part we are familiar with, there could be a chance that it has a completely different name. 

I do apologize that we cannot point you in a better direction.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.