casement operator and window balance

A quick learner from maryland says:
I have a garden window and the handle conical gear has fell out of the bottom of the casement operator , the operator is 5 1/2 wide . 2nd i also have American Craftsman 8501 window .The balance has broken . any help would be appreciated
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Housing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Window Operator
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! If the entire gear has fallen out of the operator, this cannot be repaired; you'll need to replace the entire operator. The good news is, I believe we may be able to supply you with a replacement for your casement window handle, but I'll need to see a photo of the entire crank to recommend the correct replacement. 

Your coil balance housing looks similar in style to our 15-087 Coil Housing Pivot. To confirm that this is the right fit for your window, you'll need to carefully compare the dimensions.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

This balance is compatible with the Series 180 Coil Balance. Since yours is stamped with a 7, you'll need the S180-07 to replace the coil springs.

A quick learner from maryland says:
these are the photos of the window crank . and the label for the double hunge window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Casement Operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Operator Arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sticker
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos! I believe you may need the 39-476 Rear Mount Casement Operator. To determine if this is the right fit for your window, take a look over the dimensions and design. You'll want to make sure your operator has the same metal wheel at the end of it.

The compatible crank handle is the 39-114L. You may also need the 39-504 SS 13-3/4" Channel Guide.

Dimensions for 39-476
Dimensions for 39-476

Dimensions for 39-476
Dimensions for 39-476

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.