casement window operator

A home owner from Miami Beach says:

Hi,

I need the window operator in the attached photo. The photo is turned 90 degrees when uploaded. The marble is the sill. The crank says CGI but the brochure from when I purchased them says PGT WinGuard. I know PGT purchased CGI. The window is a casement impact window and was installed in 2012.

Do you have this part?

Thanks,

Carolyn 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window operator.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Carolyn,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible to compare to our inventory. See the related videos to help you through the repair process. Thank you! 

A contractor from Florida says:
This is CGI casement window
Need a replacement.
The s.s.arm is 12" to the 45% bend
The over all length of my arm is 14 1/2"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1490.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1491.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1492.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for the operator shown in your photos. You could consider trying the 39-023 with an 11" long arm. Since it is shorter than yours, it may be necessary to adjust the position of the track on the sash to compensate for the difference. 

Dimensions for 39-023
Dimensions for 39-023

We also carry the 13-1/2" long 39-406 but they are face mounted, while your installation screws appear to attach from the back. A possible workaround would be to use the 33-205 threaded rivet and press them into the housing using a vise. We can't guarantee that either option would work but these would be our best recommendations at this time. Take a look at both and see what you think.

Alternate image for 39-406
Alternate image for 39-406

Alternate image for 33-205
Alternate image for 33-205

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.