channel balance inquiry

A quick learner says:
The Window company name was Thermal Industries and you can look at all the pics, hope we can find what we need
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image12.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image6.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The base of your balance appears to be the Series 770 but the cord fitting looks like a match to the 15-170. Your balance also has a rivet at the top that is normally used to accommodate an S-clip like the 19-029 or 19-030. We can supply these balances with the necessary configuration but it will need to be a custom order. 

To get started, we'll need to know the stamp code on your metal channel to compare to the strength options of the S770-14. We'll also need to know the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 15-170
Dimensions for 15-170

A home owner from Salamanca Ny says:
Hello Casey I believe the balances are ok it's mainly the pivot shoe is what needs to be replaced if we can match those up it would be great but if not then the complete kit of both the balance and pivot shoe would suffice.
Thank you Sincerely.
Merrill
Profile picture of Casey

We can't be sure without seeing the original pivot shoe but I can tell you that the 15-170 clip is often used with the 15-169. Take a look and compare the dimensions below to yours. If you notice any discrepancies, feel free to get back to us with photos of your original pivot shoe. 

Alternate image for 15-169

I sent the pic in the original for some reason I see you don't have it so I'll resend it here for you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1095.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. What I can make out of your pivot shoe does resemble the 15-169 but you would need to remove it from the window jamb to confirm that the details and dimensions match up to the image included in our last response. 

Hello again and yes I can get the pivot shoe out I will watch the video provided here in your feed and I also took some pics of the stamp code as well, thank you again Sincerely Merrill
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1131.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1130.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

We do offer the 14B strength option for the S770-14, whcih will support a sash between 7-10 lbs. If you decide that you would like to go ahead with the custom balances as well, just let us know the number of replacements that you need. 

Ok will do if I can get the pivot shoe out with out using a jamb spreader I will prob start there as long as we have a match
Profile picture of Casey

That sounds like a plan. See our video below to help you remove the pivot shoe from the window jamb. The balance is a different type than you have but the process of removing the shoe would be the same. 

Hello again I would say your part swap for the pivot shoe looks to be fairly spot on here is some photos I took
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1132.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1133.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1135.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1136.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

It's tough for us to make out accurate dimensions from photos but I agree that your part looks like a match to the 15-169 as long as the width and thickness match the dimensions below. 

So how can I order this part just go to the website Thank you again Casey for all your help Sincerely Merrill
Profile picture of Casey

Sure, you are welcome to purchase the 15-169 directly on our website or you can give our customer service team a call at (888) 991-1929 to order them over the phone. Just let us know if you have any other questions. 

I sure will thank you so much for all your help you've been a great asset! Sincerely Merrill
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help and appreciate your business! 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.