compatible replacement window tilt latch

A handy person from Springs, PA says:
Do you have a compatible replacement window tilt latch like the one shown in the pictures? I wasn't readily seeing any on the website, but I decided to double check.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch & Lever
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Internal Latch Bottom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top of Internal Latch
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say that we would not be able to supply you with a replacement for your existing window latch. However, we may have a solution that could potentially work for you.

You may be able to convert the sash to one that uses surface mounted latches. In the tutorial below, we suggest using the 26-228 and 26-229 but you would need to confirm that these latches can fit the space on top of the sash and have the space to be installed. We also have a few others made in different sizes.

Take a look at the video to see if this is a solution that could work for you.

A handy person from Springs, PA says:
Thanks for the assistance. I measured the windows, and it looks like I would not be able to fasten the one end because the screw hole would be above the opening from the previous internal latch. Do you have any longer versions of this same style of latch?

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

We're happy to help! The tilt latch with the longest, center-to-center, installation spacing is the Rollyson tilt latches we carry, parts 26-193 and 26-194. Take a look and see if this is something that could potentially work as a replacement.

If latch will not work, I'm afraid we do not have a solution that will work for you. Take a look and see what you think!

Detail of 26-193
Detail of 26-193

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.