concealed hinge for cabinet door

A home owner from Boxborough, MA says:

Hi

We live in 25 yr old house and the European style (concealed) hinge to one of our cabinets broke.  170 degrees, overlay door

-- there is no brand name on the existing hinge; There are several serial numbers: 664.251.53.01 and 502.361.10

-- the original hole drilled into to receive the hinge is 35mm wide and 13 mm deep

-- I measure a 1" overlay (but I realize this is larger than most so perhaps I have the measurement wrong.

Can you help me find a pair of something comparable so I do not need to redrill the cabinet doors?

I see many people like the Blum 71B3550. It looks similar but not the same.

thanks in advance, Regina

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge back
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge front
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge installed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cabinet door
Hi all,
I realized one additional piece of info: the frame to the cabinet has a 1 1/4" x 3/4" cutout (picture attached) where the hinge hardware that connects the door to the cabinet passes through. I've been looking online at other hinges and this is quite different from most of the ones I've seen. I've removed the door and added a picture in which one of the hinges has been completely removed, revealing the cutout and a second with the (broken) hinge still attached to the cabinet, revealing the top right edge of the cutout.
Regina
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge opening
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge part
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by taking a look at the 32-344 large opening hinge. This hinge has the 170-degree opening that you're looking for. However, you would need to find a way to adapt the mounting bracket to attach to the cabinet base. If you are not able to use the 32-344, your best bet would be to contact the cabinet supplier directly to see if the hinge you need is still available.Thanks for posting and good luck with your repair. 

Thanks so much for this advice. I have seen other YouTube clips that recommended this hinge. I'm going to order two right away. I'll let you know if it worked. Thanks again! -- Regina
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.