custom made single hung window , 3/0x5/0

A contractor from Hilo, Hawaii says:
trying to replace interior mechanisms for easy sliding . window won't stay open. Involves a track (29") x 1/2", and a block and pully that attaches to a spring. Can you help?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like you may be looking for replacement channel balances. If so, we would need to see photos of your assembly removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We'll relate a few videos on this page to assist you. Thank you! 

5/0 x 30 single hung We want to replace channel balances. The track measured 29".

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2053.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

We carry a wide range of channel balances but all I can make out in your photos is a wheel of some kind. To determine what you might be able to use, we'll need to see detailed photos of an undamaged channel balance uninstalled. See the videos we've related on this page depending on if you are working on a tilt or non-tilt window. 

Channel balances. Replace 1 window. 30 x 50. Sglhung

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2055.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2054.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us but, unfortunately, the balance shown in your new photos is still too damaged to identify. We would need to see a completely intact balance fully removed from one of the windows, including the nylon fittings attached to both ends of the metal channel, to compare to our selection. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 12222.PNG
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry a replacement for the rail shown in your most recent photo. We would still need to see an undamaged channel balance assembly removed from the window to determine if we could provide those parts. 

All I need is a new pulley ,not broken. And a new track and pin, not broken. Both sides of window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2062.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2063.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry the pulley system separately and we do not recommend trying to repair it since these parts are under a lot of tension. This is why we would need to see an undamaged balance to determine if we carry a replacement for the entire assembly. 

If you're looking for a new rivet for the sash rail, you can find our selection of replacement options at the bottom of our fasteners section here

Track 29". For channel balances. Pin for track.
Can you replace it?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2080.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2081.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make a confident recommendation without seeing clear photos of an entirely undamaged balance assembly removed from the groove in your sash. With that being said, what I can make out in your photos reminds me of the S770-29 channel balance. I believe there is a hook shown in your photo but I can't make out the details. My educated guess would be that you might need the 62-105 hook attached to the balances, which we could provide through a custom order. 

Take a look and if you think that this might be what you need, we will also need you to confirm the stamp code printed on the metal balance channel, which you will need to remove from the groove in the sash frame to locate. Please keep in mind that we can't be sure if this is what you need based on the information you've provided so far and is just an educated guess at this point. Also, it's important to note that since this would need to be a custom order, the balances would not be eligible to be returned for a refund if they are incorrect. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.