from ~1992 marlin windows

A quick learner from los gatos, CA says:
dimensions are approx 7/8" across x1/2"deep

marlin seems to no longer do this kind of window. they were triple "pane" with the inner one a special film. they were "special" but not in a good way: construction was crappy, leading to broken seals within a very few years.

any clues on compatible glazing?

and just to complexify matters, i just replace the failed units with double-pane, maybe making the units thinner. so if there are other measurements that would help, let me know, please.

thanks

john
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi John,

I don't recognize this glazing at first glance but I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see if they could recommend a replacement for you. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available. Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare our 55-195 snap-in glazing to yours to determine if it could work as a replacement. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from los gatos, CA says:
good eye!!

sure does look like it... or what it was some 18 years ago. i'd neglected to consider what 18 years of baking in the direct sun would do to plastic. OTOH the effects of 18 years on moi are obvious ;-)

gotta got take some measurements.

thanks

john
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.