handle and mechanism for casement window

A home owner from massachusetts says:
I have some issues with some windows from Fibertec. For some the handle is spinning but the window does not open. Do I have to replace the whole mechanism or just the handle. I am enclosing pictures of the outside of the mechanism and inside. The distance between the screws is 5". The tie bar is truth 40887.
The second problem is that a black plastic that slides on the track has broken. Do you know which part should be replaced? (photo nov 8-10)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bar with number.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mechanism inside.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Nov 8 – 10, 2019 - 1 of 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your casement operator looks like it could be our 39-023 11" Rear Mount Casement Operator. The opposite handed version is part 39-022. To determine if these are the right fit for your window carefully compare the dimensions shown on the diagram below. This part is available in white.

The compatible crank handle is part 39-114L.

Dimensions for 39-023
Dimensions for 39-023

Detail view of 39-023
Detail view of 39-023

The part you are referring to as the tie bar marked with the 40887, is the casement window hinge. The black plastic slider is also a part of this hinge. Start with looking over the dimensions for our 36-048. See if they come close to your hinge's dimensions; it is likely they will not be an exact match. Although, it should still work as a replacement. 

You will need to change both the top and bottom hinge to ensure the window continues to function properly and these can be used for the right and left side of the window. Keep in mind you may need to drill new installation wholes to install them, so you'll want to be careful not to drill too far into the frame, cracking the glass.

Detail of 36-048
Detail of 36-048

Additional dimensions for 36-048
Additional dimensions for 36-048

If the handle slips when trying to fully close the window, do you think it is a problem of the window hinges, or the mechanism to close the window?

You suggested the 11" Rear Mount Casement Operator, I measured the arm, from the bend it is 8" and from the mechanism about 9.5". Do you think we can still install the 11" rear mounted? (seems that this is the only rear mounted you have)

I am looking into white. Do you know what the cost would be? I would need 1 left and 1 right
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I just wanted to provide an update. We just this weekend added two new operators to our inventory: the 39-477 and 39-476. These are the same as the 39-022 and 39-023 but with an 9-1/2" arm. You can review its specifications below.

Please feel to reach out if you had any questions.

Dimensions for 39-476
Dimensions for 39-476

Dimensions for 39-476
Dimensions for 39-476

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.