large butterfly latches 90-227

A home owner from maryland says:

I ordered 18 large butterfly latches on 7/28/23 for my screen frames. The large butterfly latches fit into the screen frames and work but my concern is the latches don't fit snug and perfectly within the window frame because the tooth looking piece on the new lstch is a little longer than the original latches and I want to make sure the screen frames won't blow out from wind and storms. I provide 3 pictures. The 2nd and 3rd pictures show the new left latch in the left frame peice with the handle sticking out a little and I need to know the measurement of the space between the handle and frame. 

The 1st picture shows the original latch and new latch and I need to know the difference in length between the 2 latches. The existing label on my screen frames are not readable and worn out. There are no other names, numbers and markings on my existing screen frames. My existing screen frames were made at Pikeville hardware in Pikeville, MD many years ago and they have been out of business for many years.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230817_150233051.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230817_150117698.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230817_145721093.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I see you purchased the 90-227 which appears to be our closest option for your old latch, unfortunately. We have the 70-226 but this is still quite different from your original so I can't promise it will work. Dimensions for these latches can be found on their respective store pages but I've also posted them here for your convenience. 

Dimensions for 90-227
Dimensions for 90-227

Dimensions for 70-226
Dimensions for 70-226

How to remove screen knife latches
How to remove screen knife latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.