mastic window parts

A home owner from USA says:

Here are photos I took for tilt window and handles for my basement windows. The basement window handle and latch have expandable ears like a wale anchor that go in window frame. Hope you can help with this style? Thanks Mark 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (4).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to identify the tilt latch, we will need you to write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center to center. 

I'm afraid I can't get a good look at the window handle from these photos. Can you show us a full view of the entire handle from the front and back? 

Hope the attached ones are better.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named basement widow latch 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named basement window latch.2jpg.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named basement window latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named basement window latch4.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you! I'm afraid we don't have a replacement for the hardware shown here. It's just too different from what we can offer, unfortunately. I am very sorry that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions.

Do you have a latch similar to mine ? All I need to have the same hole spacing . I use a hollow wall anchor to mount on my frame Thanks Mark
Profile picture of Emily

Can you write out the distance between the two installation holes, measured from center to center, for the latch? I'm afraid it's not possible for us to get accurate measurements from photos.

The latch on the window frame measures 2 1/4 " center to center .The handle that mounts on window measures 1 1/2" center to center hope you can help ? Thanks Mark
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your sash top tilt latch, it looks like the 26-228 with hole centers at 2-1/8". I have used this in the past to repair mastic windows but you'll have to compare the dimensions with yours to see how they align. As for the hopper window, the only keeper we carry similar to yours is the 38-123 with hole centers at 2-1/32". The window 38-126 lock hole centers are at 1-1/2". Review the specifications and see if you can get them to work for your repair.

Thanks for your help the part #38-126 looks like a good match . The keeper is not as important they r not broken on my windows.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.