metal mirrored bifold doors in bedroom

A home owner from Lakewood, CO says:
The pictures show a pin which you have to push up and slide into the double-u shaped plastic slide. The doors are over 25 years old. I can't find the parts in any store such as Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and an old hardware store. I havae called every bifold door place and can't find the part. I put some black tape around the post and pounded it into the slot--very temporary. The pin has a round head that slides into the slot and the spring on the pin is supposed to hold it in place. The pin is held in by a metal slider so the pin will not fall out of the hole.

The door is in Florida and is a property that we own and use plus rent it out. We live in Lakewood, Colorado.

I would appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4425.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4421.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4422.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4423.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4424.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings -

If you're just looking for the top nylon guide, you can use our 21-108. Just note that you'll need to remove the track to slide out the old guide and slide in the new guide. If you need any additional surrounding hardware, take a look at our guide pins like 21-049, 21-050 and 21-058.

A home owner from Lakewood, CO says:
I have been trying to find the bottom pivot guide as I did not take a picture of it. Do you think that 21-048 would work? What do you put in the guide for it to fit into? Would 21-205 work? I am also confused as to 21-050 and 21-058. They appear the same except one has a cotter and the other has a different way of holding the spring. I did not see a cotter pin but a different type of u-shape holder below the spring. The bifold doors are full vu (all Mirror-no edge). The doors in our condo in Florida and I won't be back done for a couple of weeks and would like to have the parts to put in while I am there.

I really appreciate your help.

Charla
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The 21-048 threaded pin will work as long your original pin is 5/16" thick. The guide you mention, 21-205, is a pivot bracket for 21-048 that locks in the track. The 21-049 and 21-050 are the same pin assemblies except the locking device to keep the pins from coming out of the door. Some doors used a pin with a hole for the cotter pin and some use a pal nut to lock their pins. The "U" shape is a compress locking clip, 21-157, that can be used to hold the guide pin in the door. Some people find this one easier to use. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.