molding pictures to help identify replacement door seal strips.

A home owner from Oregon City, OR says:

Mid 1980's Log hone kit house. I have 3 doors to the outside that all seals are deteriorated and need replacing. Notes on original molding: Made of thin plastic (.020"), press-in groove in the wooden door stop is thinner(.042") than most generic weather-strips i tried from HD and Lowes. Base that sets Base that sets against the door-stop: (.542") Flap that sets against the door frame is: (5.55") Height of the press in barb: (.228") Pictures "profile 1 is an end view, "profile 3 & 4 are both sides of molding. Profile 5" is what the door-stop looks with molding removed. "Profile 6" is a small section intact to see how molding fits. If you do not have this or have suggested an alternate, could you please suggest who might?

Hope this help. Thank you for your help, Dan

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Dan.

It looks like the part identifier failed to upload your photos. Could you try re-uploading them here for us? What we specifically need to see is the end profile for each weatherstripping seal, in undamaged condition. 

A home owner from Oregon City, OR says:
Resending pictures, this time will send just the end profile. All doors have this weatherstrip on all 3 sides. This is the only style and it slips into the groove in the jambs. Hopefully you got all the notes I sent, even though you didn't get the pictures.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door molding end view 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Door molding end view 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for these photos, Dan, they're a huge help. Unfortunately, we don't sell an exact match for this weatherstripping. The only product we sell that comes close is our 58-181. This is a genuine Pella product that is explicitly designed for certain Pella doors, so I'm not very optimistic that it will be a good fit in your case. In my experience, Pella parts rarely work in off-brand applications (and vice versa). However the design is still so similar that I think it might at least be worth considering. Look it over and see what you think.

Profile view of 58-181
Profile view of 58-181

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.