need help

A quick learner says:
series 140 quick tilt balance - constant force balance system double coil...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_bf86a685204ac0191236e1c81dbc2f2a.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_5d20b5295a1e2b75ba062c731a3b6439.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_bdb6a7cdc3428915ef370818b545363a.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_50fbb6ba366cb6dec7e4a03c10652df6.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It sounds like you are trying to determine the correct replacement for your window coil balance assembly. We'd be happy to help but we would need to see the original coil springs and pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We've related a few videos on this page to help you through the process. Thank you! 

Profile picture of Casey

One of our customer service representatives mentioned that you were unable to find our response to your request from 8/15. I'll attach the information we need below:

It sounds like you are trying to determine the correct replacement for your window coil balance assembly. We'd be happy to help but we would need to see the original coil springs and pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. We've related a few videos on this page to help you through the process. Thank you! 
A quick learner from Savannah Georgia says:
So do I have a double spring or a triple spring? Do you guys carry what I need how do I go about getting them?
Profile picture of Casey

It looks like you have two coil springs shown in your photos but we won't know if we have the correct replacements until we see photos of your coils and pivot shoe fully removed from the window. There should also be numbers stamped on the base of your coils, which we'll need to determine the corresponding strength options. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230814_180008040.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230814_180022700.jpg
I think it was 17 lb but I will verify
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. The pivot shoe shown in your photos looks like a match to the 17/32" thick 15-199 shown below, which is used with either the 1/2" wide Series 160 and 3/8" wide Series 165 coil springs. 

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

If you have the S160, I would recommend using one S160-3 and one S160-4 on each side. For the S165, you could use one S165-8 spring on each side. The parts used for each coil spring series can be found under the related items section of the product page. 

Yes thank you they are half inch thick... one and a half inch wide.... And 2 in tall
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_164707584.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_164719603.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230828_164737843.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

It does look like you have the 15-199 pivot shoe. I would recommend double-checking your measurements while making sure not to include the metal tab at the end of the tape measure, which can throw off your dimensions. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.