need to replace channel balance and any other pieces with it for single hung window

A quick learner from Bedford, TX says:
I need to replace these ( subject above). My windows (3 if them) are single hung, the removable window is 36 lbs. They are about 30 years old, vinyl windows, and I believe Hurd brand although I dont know if they are still around. The channel balance is not clipped to the side, it is screwed in at the top side. The channel balance itself is 34 " long. I have one other window needing the same thing, but it weighs less. The only thing stamped in the metal reads 34G. Window companies in my area will only replace the windows, but I have no other issues with them other than we cant open or close them without great difficulty and terrible scraping noise. Im hoping yall can help me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221002_132343.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34G BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221002_134417.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221002_134426.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221002_134511.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This balance appears to be a match for our Series 770. Check it out and let me know if you agree. The issue is that we don't currently have a 34G stamp for the 34" length; the heaviest stock option for that is the 34E, which only carries 34 pounds maximum.

Now, we should still be able to supply the 34G option for you, but it might have to be a custom order. Before we go any further, can you just verify the exact weight of the sash? According to our records the 34G carries 37 through 40 pounds, which would be too strong.

If your sash is 36 pounds precisely then the 34F may actually be better. This carries 34 through 37 pounds.

Please let me know and we can proceed accordingly.

A quick learner from Bedford, TX says:
The sash window weighs 35.9 lbs. The pivot shoes need replaced also, but mine are slightly different in shape, I sent a picture; would it still work? Also my channel balances screw into the top of the side of the window. Are the screws a special type? Thanks for your continued assistance ?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Gotcha, thanks for confirming. So based on that sash weight I think the 34F is the way to go. 34G would be too strong in my opinion. Have you ever noticed that the sash is too difficult to close in the past? If so, that would be why.

What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote that will let you add 6 of these to your cart, since you said you had 3 windows. This will not include the pivot shoe (which is a match for our 15-129), so don't forget to also add that to your cart before you checkout.

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I would be happy to advise. Or, if you wanted to opt for the 34G stamp to stick with what you had originally, we can do that for you, too. The choice is ultimately yours.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.