part 83-128

A quick learner says:
I have purchased part 83-128 and it seems as if my part is the right sone but is slightly loose when putting in both pieces? Any insight? There's a nice gap between the part and the door. The video shows how loose the handle is and almost pops out with a little bit of pressure. I even wedged in a piece of wood trim to keep them from moving around more in the handle socket. Is there a different or new part that actually fits the model?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3074.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3073.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I wonder if it could be that your patio screen is a different year or series from the 83-128. Do you have the original handle that came with the patio screen door? If we see the original handle along with the dimensions, we can try and see if we can track down a better match. I can't make any promises but we can try our best. 

A quick learner says:
I don't have original handles left, but if there is anything a tad different in size, I'd be willing to try
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

That's unfortunate. I'm afraid we won't be able to help without precise measurements. It's just not enough to know that they're a tad bit different. Even with the precise measurements, there's no guarantee we'll be able to supply a replacement. 

A quick learner says:
Thanks,

I was able to locate the pieces in a drawer. They are right at 1" wide on the interior molded piece, which created a more secure fit, there aren't quite that length, resulting in loos fitting handles that easily come put.

Thank you! Do you have the Series or date of your Pella door? That also might help our search.

A quick learner says:
I don't know that, I know my house was built in 2005, that's all.

Thanks for getting back to us. We weren't able to locate another version of this handle, unfortunately. Your best bet may be to contact Pella directly to see what they suggest. I am very sorry that we couldn't be of more help. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.