pivot bar identification

A quick learner from La Crosse, WI says:

I need help identifying which replacement pivot bar I need. I have attached photos of a good one. It is 2 inches long and 5/8 inch wide. Any help is appreciated as I didn't see it when I browsed your site.

Thanks

Neal

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230713_093542.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230713_093536.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Neal. I'm sorry to say that we don't sell any pivot bar that matches the design of the original. I can honestly say I've never seen this before.

Would it be possible to see what it looks like installed? That may help me determine a reasonable alternative, something that can fit in the same space while still able to interact with the pivot shoe in the same way. It's not a guarantee that we have something that fits that criteria but I will do my best!

A quick learner from La Crosse, WI says:

Hi Tom... Thanks for the quick reply! I have attached another picture where it's installed. I had ordered shoes (15-188 : Pivot Lock Shoe, 1/2" Thick, Blue Break) from you earlier this year, so that is the shoe it needs to fit.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help you identify this for me.

Thanks!

Neal

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230713_105238.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. This photo is a big help. Unfortunately, in the time since we last spoke, I've been totally unable to track this style down. It's just not something we can supply at this time.

Some alternatives you could potentially consider are our 26-336, 26-226, or maybe even 26-352. The problem in each case is obviously a matter of size; ours are a lot longer than yours, which wouldn't ordinarily be a problem except there is not a single instance where the installation holes line up.

The only way any of these will work is if you can drill new holes in the sash to accommodate the new holes. This could be a tricky proposition, though, as you need to align the pivot bar so that it extends out from the sash by the same distance. You also have to make sure not to drill too far into the sash frame out of risk of hitting the glass.

Even after all that, there's no guarantee any of these will work. You'll have to look over our specs for each one and see what you think.

I'm sorry that we weren't able to offer you a better match.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.