removing sashes from tilt in double hung windows

A handy person from Minneapolis says:
Hello, thank you for helping me. I have tilt-in vinyl double hung windows that are approximately 35 years old. the spiral balances are 9/16" x 25" with blue tips (S600-25), the shoes are similar to the 15-015 shown on your website. My question is regarding how to safely remove the sashes. all the videos i have watched regarding this show that after releasing the upper sash and bringing it level, pulling up on the right side slides the shoe up and the pivot bar releases from the shoe. When I attempt this the cam in the shoe locks the shoe in the channel so tight it will not allow for any movement up. can you please advise what I can do get the shoe to slide when the sash in tilted out to horizontal. again thank you for your Expert help!!! by the way love your website and how easy it is to find the parts I need.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I'm glad to hear that it was easy to find the parts you needed on our website! 

When removing the window and beginning to tilt it out of the pivot shoe, you'll need to start raising the corner of sash very slightly at the same time you're tilting the sash toward you. It will take a bit of trial and error as it can be a bit tricky. The shoes will not be level with one another.

I hope this helps!

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.