replacing rollers on 20+yr house vinyl sliding glassdoor

A quick learner from Loudon,Tenn. says:
can you send me guide to the job one side is stationary,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see your original roller removed from the door, along with written-out dimensions, to compare to our inventory. See our video below to assist you through the replacement process. Thank you!

A quick learner from Loudon,Tenn. says:
Thanks for replying,I'm unable to remove door to get access to rollers, the sill plate at the bottom of door goes the whole width of the opening.Your removal video shows this is just under the stationary section of the door.Being like this my status is I cannot budge or move stationary section,therefore I cannot lift out the sliding side of door.Does this mean the stationary section is sealed in place and does not come out.So how can I take sliding side out?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

To remove the sliding patio door panel, in some cases, the stationary patio door needs to be removed to access the sliding door panel from the outside. From there, you should be able to follow the related videos dealing with vinyl patio doors to replace the rollers.

How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.