retainer strips for screen door

A quick learner from Sandy, Utah says:
Hello,

Here are pics of the screen retainers on my storm door. I don't see any part numbers and don't know the brand.

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named uninstalled_1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named uninstalled_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named width.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full_door.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed.jpg
Hi,

I forgot to say, I need to strips, each 5'2". Thanks!

-Nathan
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Nathan.

Before I recommend anything, can you show me a photo of the end profile for this retainer? I will do my best to help from there.

Thank you!

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your response. The cross section view is attached.

Best,

-Nathan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230510_141631.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Emily isn't here today but I'll do my best to help. The good news is that I recognize this retainer strip. The bad news is that we don't sell it: every door manufacturer makes these strips a different way and even the same company will change the design multiple times over the years. It makes it very difficult for companies like us to keep up.

That said, we do have an alternative solution that you can try. It works well and is something they used to do back in the day, before these strips became so popular. What you do is take a small clip like our 70-180 and install these at intermittent points around the insert using a thumb screw like our 70-112. they will serve the same function as the old retainer strips and in my opinion are a lot easier to swap out, once they're in use. 

How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
How to install a threaded rivnut for a wood window frame
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.