roller assembly for large mirror sliding door

A home owner from San Marcos, CA says:
I am looking to replace two rollers on a large mirrored sliding door. The manufacturer was Buchmin Industries which I understand is no longer in business. The groove of the nylon roller is 5/16". Diameter of the roller is about 1/14" Length of housing assembly is 1 7/8' Height is 1 1/4".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inside roller housing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inside roller housing
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. This appears to be only the inner portion of a complete roller assembly. The outer portion is likely still inside the door. If you can show us photos of a complete roller assembly, as well as the dimensions, we'll do our best to narrow down some options. 

A home owner from San Marcos, CA says:
Can you tell me how to take out the outer portion that is still in the door? Do I need to disassemble the door to do this?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named inner assembly.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It can be hard to say with certainty but the 23-288 might be what you have. This roller is secured in place using the 33-103 screw mounted at the top of the roller housing through the bottom rail of the door. To access the set screw, it looks like you need to remove the bottom rail off of the door. 

Or if your existing housing is in good working order, look at the 81-228 wheel and the 81-310 axle kit along with the related videos. This might be another way to repair your door.

How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.