screen parts

A home owner from Cleveland says:
I am looking for tilt corners and slide bolts for screens of old storm windows. The frame is 3/8 on the back
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3928.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3930 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3930.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! There is a chance that we can supply you with a replacement for your storm door latch and tilt key. However, I'll need to see a photo of the latch removed from the window. I'll also need to see the tilt corner key removed as well.

Having the parts removed from the window will help to confirm the dimensions of the hardware as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

A home owner from Cleveland says:
I will have to stick with the tilt key for now, which is in the photo (with the knob broken off - on an unbroken one the knob protrudes from the part 1/4 inch).
The part is 5/32 thick. The width of the two sides is 3/8, and the length of each side is 1-1/4. I don't want to drill out a slide bolts right now, but if you think you make an educated guess on what I would need based on the thickness of the tilt key and the photo I already sent, I can just buy one and see if it is the right size. The visible part of the slide bolt is 3/8 by 3-1/4 if that helps.
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3942.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. There are a few different tilt keys we can recommend given the dimensions and design. I suggest starting with taking a look at either our 95-008 (and its opposite handed version part 95-009) or the 95-015. Carefully look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing latch to determine if either of them will be a fit for you.

Alternate image for 95-008
Alternate image for 95-008

In regard to the storm window latch, there are a few that come to mind but to narrow down the replacements, you will need to have them removed to compare the measurements. Storm door latches are becoming harder to find and replace because storm doors are becoming obsolete. Most modern homes are shying away from using them. When you are ready, take a look at our inventory of storm door latches here. See which of them might work as a replacement for you.

How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.