sliding door rollers

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
Hi There,
I'm trying to find replacement rollers for a sliding door. The only description I can give you about the door is, it is original to the house that was built in 1986.
It is aluminum. The dimensions are as follows, length 2-1/4", width 1-5/16th", Thickness 7/16ths" and the roller diameter is 1 1/2". I hope this is enough information. If not, please let me know if you need anything else. I hope you can help. Thank you in advance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sliding Door Wheel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller Housing Length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Housing & Adjustment Screw
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller Housing
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for posting! There is a good chance we can supply you with a replacement for your existing single wheel roller but I'll need to see a photo of the complete roller to narrow down the most accurate recommendation. It appears that what you have in your photos is the inner part of the housing. This means that the outer housing is likely still lodged in the door frame.

Take a look at the two videos below; one details the removal and installation process for these rollers and the other details what we look for to properly identify them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. You were right, there was a part still in the frame of the door. I had to take the bottom portion of the frame off of the glass and remove the small screw that helped hold the wheel mechanism. I've attached additional pics. Please take a look and let me know if you need anything else. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0316241528d_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0316241528b_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0316241528c_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0316241528_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0316241528a_HDR.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Your roller looks very similar in style to the 81-004 Patio Door Roller. To determine if this will be a fit for your door, you'll need to carefully double check the dimensions shown on the diagram below. It is not an exact replacement match but it should work well as a replacement.

Dimensions for 81-004
Dimensions for 81-004

Dimensions for 81-004
Dimensions for 81-004

Hi Jasmine, thank you for your quick response. I checked the dimensions, and it does appear that the 81-004 should work. One additional question, do the new rollers come with the 10-32 mounting screws. I had a hard time getting the one out but I couldn't get the other one out and I might damage it when I give it another try. Please let me know. Thanks

That screw is sold separately from the roller. It is the 33-103 Phillips Flat 10-32 x 1/2" SS Machine Screw, shown in the related items.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.