sliding glass door part inquiry

A quick learner says:
have a Blomberg sliding glass door/system that has been discontinued. The thumb latch thingy broke. By broke I mean that the thumb latch fell out of it's usual position.

I epoxied a little piece of the plastic part back on, you will see a little white spec in the video.

I must apologize, In the video I used only a couple of words, sternly...

The mortise lock is new and is keyed from the outside.

My aluminum sliding door is 1" wide.

The other dimensions are: 7 5/8" overall height
1 1/2" handle depth
3 15/16" screw holes for attachment to door.

Do you have any handle options for this narrow width of an aluminum door?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle set
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us! Before we recommend anything, can you show us a photo of the mortise lock? We would also like to see a photo of the mortise lock slot that takes the thumb lever. That should help with our search. 

A handy person from Southern California says:
I'm beginning to think there is no solution to the inherent design flaw I see in this Blomberg sliding door lock/thumb system. Maybe that's why they've discontinued this door? The thumb latch slides back and forth so much and when installed and I try to engage the thumb lock, there is so much up and down resistance I feel like I'm going to break something. This happens with all of the thumb levers on all our Blomberg sliding doors.

When This is why I'm considering a whole new handle/thumb lever thingy.

All the suggested replacement handles show a minimum door application thickness of 1 1/8". My Blomberg sliding door frame is only
1".

Help please!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named round face mortise lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side of mortise lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle set
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Your handle set looks similar to the 82-032 and the 82-033 which have an internal plastic piece that lets you position the thumb turn in different locations. However, I am not sure either of these handles could work for your 1" thick door. For starters, you would need to purchase shorter screws to be used on your thinner door. The next issue would be with the key and thumb turn tail. Your thumb turn allows the key cylinder tail to go inside of the thumb turn. Whereas the 82-032 and 82-033's thumb turn and the key cylinder tail meet up inside the mortise lock. Take a look at the related videos on this page, especially the one on installing the key lock, and let us know if that helps. 

Another idea I just had would be to reuse your existing thumb turn to see if it will work with the newer handle set.

How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-069 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.