spiral balance part

A quick learner from Cincinnati OH says:
Hi there,

Looking for help matching the correct spiral balance. This one is 14 inches in length and has a plastic block on the end that can be slid off. Do I need to weigh the sash to know the right spiral balance?

This request is part 2 from a shoe inquiry I just sent.

Thanks!! Wellesley
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230214_214112.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230214_214044.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your part shown in your photos look like a type of hybrid balance, which should have a stamp printed on the housing tube. If not, I would recommend checking the balance on the opposite side of the window as well. 

Hybrid balances like this would usually have a housing tube that measures 14-1/2" long rather than 14". I'd recommend double-checking your measurement to confirm. Thank you.  

Please see attached photo. It is indeed 14" long and 9/16 wide. The internal parts look a bit different than others I have installed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230215_182101.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you also confirm if either of the balances from this window has a stamp code printed on the balance tube? 

unfortunately there aren't any numbers stamped on the balance tubes. I even checked another window and looked at 4 other balance tubes.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience as we worked on this for you. I believe that you could use the 5/8" diameter S600-14 blue tip spiral balance for tilt windows. It also looks like your original balances used the 26-139 single-hole aligner. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.