spline size on the 39-414 operator

A contractor from Walnut Creek, CA says:
I need to put a longer handle on the newly installed 39-414 vent operator to clear the screen. What is the spline size?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

Checking the spline on the 39-414 operator, I found that it is 1/4" in diameter. However I did try the mobile home operator handle 39-116 with the 5/16" diameter and it worked fine once I installed the set screw in the handle. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

A contractor from Walnut Creek, CA says:
I went ahead and ordered the 39-116 crank handle (before I got this answer!) and from my measurements it seemed pretty close to the spline on the 39-414 vent operator. The only problem I had is that the supplied 1" long handle screw is too long and won't tighten completely. I was able to source a socket-head 8-32 x .75" screw that fits perfectly.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We appreciate the feedback and happy that we could assist with your repair. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.