tilt window balance replacement-for 24N

A handy person from illinois says:

I am hoping you can help me find a replacement window balance.

It is for a replacement window (possibly Jeld-Wen), approx 20 yrs old. I think it is a block and tackle style. There is no metal channel, just two ends and the spring/rod.

Measurements:

Channel width: 1"

Channel Depth: 9/16"

Spring Length (unloaded): 23"

Total Assembly Length: 34 3/4"

Window weight: 17.2 lbs

I need both left and right (if there is a difference). I will gladly pay for anything that "might" work. It's worth it to me to try, rather than replace the whole window. I won't return even it if does not work.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24 window 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24 window 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24 window 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24 window 4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 24 window 5.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your balances appear to be the discontinued crossbow style balance. These have been converted to use our Series 795 Channel Balances.

To confirm that these balances will be a situatable replacement, you'll need to obtain a few measurements from your existing balances. These include the length of an undamaged balance, the diameter of the balance channel/tube. This measurement should be 1/2"; please let me know if it is 3/8".

You will also need to obtain the width of the bottom T-shaped attachment (it will either be 1" or 1-1/4" across the bottom of the T shape) as well as the exact weight of the window to select the correct stamp option.

Take a look at the video below for instructions on this balance conversion and the information you'll need to determine the correct balances. Let me know if you have any questions.

A handy person from illinois says:
In answer to your questions:

length of an undamaged balance: 34 3/4" total length

the diameter of the balance channel/tube: 1/2"

width of the bottom T-shaped attachment: 1"

exact weight of the window: 17.2 lbs
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. Your channel balance appears to be the S795-34 with the 15-194 1" T-Lock Balance Shoe. 

The shoe for this balance is sold separately, so you'll need to be sure to add it to the cart along with the balances prior to submitting your order. Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to swap out the shoes once you receive the balances.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.