ultra lift

A quick learner says:
Balances are a tiny bit shorter than 27" long, 5/8 in diameter, and have a blue tip. The white exterior is plastic and there is a plastic sheath around the coil inside. Thank you so much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0 (24).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1 (15).jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. We believe you need the S600-27 spiral balance with a blue tip. A pair of balances with this tip color will support a sash weighing 12 to 31 pounds. Look this part over and let us know if you have any questions. 

A quick learner from Malverne says:

I installed these balances in four of my windows and unfortunately they do not move freely and are a little difficult to close. Opening is a bit easier but not optimal. When installing these balances I rotated the spirals about 4-5 times. Should I reset them turning less times? Thank you for your help. Doug 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I believe you are charging the balances too tightly. First, tilt in the sash and remove it. With the 75-006 tool, unhook the spiral from the pivot shoe. Using a flat-tip screwdriver, place it in the center cam of the pivot shoe and turn it away from you to release the brake. With your hand, try sliding the pivot cam up and down the track. If it slides smoothly, the pivot shoe is fine, and reset it to the previous position on the track. Now with the balance, again install it to the top of the track, bring the spiral up to the blue nylon bushing, hook the 75-006 tool to the bottom pin, turn the spiral clockwise about three turns then hook it to the pivot shoe. Do the same on the other side and try the sash.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.