vinyl window, raise/lower side pieces

A handy person from Helena Alabama says:
On my tilt type vinyl window, there is a piece on each side that connects the rope to the spring. The spring is connected to the tilt lock guide shoe which connects to the window itself. on both sides, the spring-to-rope piece is broken where it would attach to the spring.
i could send a photo but I dont see where you have that provision.

it is possible, cant tell for sure, that I may need at least one of the tilt lock guide shoe. the channel dimension is:11/16" or 3/4"
i also need the bottom weather seal piece. The window width is 33-1/2"
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! To identify the window hardware you need as well as the weather seal, I will need to see a photo of them both. I am not able to tell exactly what type of hardware you have in the window based on the description, but if you can remove it from the window, that would help a great deal.

In regard to the weather seal, I'll need to see the end profile view of a piece of it, removed from the window as well. We'll need to be able to see the shape of the seal to confirm how it installs in the window. You'll also need to have it removed to confirm any dimensions. Take a look at the video below for a detailed explanation on the information we'll need from you.

You can submit the photos of the hardware by clicking the add photos button below the textbox. If you are having trouble uploading them, you can email the photos to our customer service team at help@swisco.com. Be sure to include the reference number for this discussion in the subject of the email.

Two photos of the weather seal profile and 4 more on broken piece
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1127.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1128.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1125.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1124.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1123.jpeg

Thanks for the photos! I am unable to identify your balances based on the photos. I'll need to see clear photos of the entire balance to recommend the correct replacement. I will also need to know the stamp from the metal channel. 

Unfortunately, the strings on the balance cannot be replaced. You'll need to replace the entire assembly.

Your weather seal looks like it can be replaced with either our 58-171 or 58-183. To determine which of these might be the best possible replacement, you'll need to carefully review and compare the dimensions. 

Profile diagram of 58-171
Profile diagram of 58-171

Profile view of 58-183
Profile view of 58-183

Thank you Jasmine
I believe that the weather strip matches Profile view of 58-183 I may want to get enought of this to deal with several other windows.

I also believe I would be best served with complete assemblies too. I just was not sure how you folks supplied parts.

I will get that other information tomorrow and pass it on.
Jasmine - this is my second response to you

The steel channels are 27" long
The stampings are
"26 7"
And
"RJ
8SIN"

Pictures attached too
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1135.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1134.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1133.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1131.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1132.jpeg

Okay, great! Thanks for the photos! Also, the 58-183 is sold in 12ft lengths (144"). 

Regarding the balances, yours appear to be our Series 795 Channel Balance. Since your channel is 27" long you'll need the S795-27. Your sash stamp is a bit different from ours but I believe you can use the 27G stamp. Although, you'll need to confirm that your sash weight falls between 34 to 38lbs, if it does not, you will need a different stamp option.

Your shoe is the 15-195B 1-1/4" T-Lock Balance Shoe with an open cam; this is sold separately from the balance. The replacement balances come assembled with a closed cam shoe, so you'll need to swap the shoes out. The process is fairly easy to complete. Take a look at the video tutorial below for reference.

if by sash you mean the window pane and frame, i weigh it in at about 25 pounds.

Can you quote me the parts i need and from what you have seen, can you tell me who the window manufacturer is? we never did get that information from the contractor.

I will like to get one stick of the weather seal but may buy more once i definitely confirm it is correct.

Thanks
Randy

Yes, that is the sash; thanks for confirming this information. Since the sash weighs 25lbs, I would suggest using the 27D stamp option. This can support a sash weighing 22 to 26lbs.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to confirm who the manufacturer of your window is or the existing hardware. If that information is not on the window, I'm afraid I'm not sure how you would be able to identify it. The manufacturer of the hardware isn't always the same as the manufacturer of the window.

All of the pricing for each of the mentioned parts is available on our website. You'll be able to calculate the cost of the order as well as the cost, including shipping and tax before you check out. If you need assistance with placing the order you may call to speak with a member of our custom service team at (888) 991-1929.

Thanks for your help.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.