window Balance

A quick learner from huntersville, nc says:

need a replacement balance for builder quality windows 34" with the green back. These also have the round hole at the top.

Thank you

Bill 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_134811.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_134817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135007.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135039.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135244.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Bill.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We can help with this though it will have to be a custom order since your balance installs with a 15-198 hook. Can you tell me the stamp engraved in the metal channel? How many balances are you looking to replace? 

Stamped on the outside of the channel (facing window pane) is "34B RE S" and next to the S is a backwards capital B. One of the pictures I uploaded is the inside channel (facing away from the window pane) and appears to show an I before the S. I included a new picture of the window side of the channel.

I need to replace one balance.

Sorry if i digress here i sent three more photos of the window. Is there anything than can reinforce the pin around the broken area? Not real hopeful, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Bill

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231108_141500.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135325.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135333.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231025_135338.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Great, thanks for getting back to me! I'm afraid our minimum for custom orders is (2) so what I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for that quantity of balances. Let me know if you have any questions!

I'm sorry to say that the portion of the sash can't be repaired or reinforced. You would need an all new window sash, unfortunately.  

Thanks for all your help

Bill
Profile picture of Emily

It's my pleasure. I'll be here if you need anything else! 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.