window balancers

A contractor from Princeton says:
Hi I am not sure if you can Identify this one but this is the information I have. Please let me know if you nee anything else. Thank you

the windows are the same size, 32.5 inch wide and 30 inch tall. Please see attached photos. The balancer part number is 2830 CJ-XR.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. These look like fairly typical non-tilt window balances, so I'm confident that we can help you. We will need a bit more information before we can make a recommendation, though.

The most important detail we need to consider at this stage is the design and size of the nylon fittings on the top and bottom of the metal channel. I'll need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance and show me a clear shot of both of those fittings. I also need you to measure the depth of the bottom fitting; if you imagine that it's a shoe, that'd be the "heel to toe" measurement.

Once we have that information I will be able to pick out a match from our inventory.

Hi Thank yo. I think I have what you need in the attached photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 10.jpeg
pics for part 2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 11.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 12.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 13.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 14.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Min Yang 15.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! It's tough to say for sure, but I believe what you have here is a match for our Series 370 channel balance. This comes with a 19-004 top and 15-002 bottom nylon fitting, so your next step should be to examine these two pieces to ensure that they're the same size and style as what you have now. I think they will be, but you shouldn't take my word for it. Always double check these things.

Once you've verified that, it's a simple matter of picking the right length and stamp option (which indicates spring calibration). You can follow the steps on the Series 370 link above to move forward.

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I'd be happy to assist! You can see the specs for the two nylon fittings below.

Alternate image for 19-004
Alternate image for 19-004

Detail of 15-002
Detail of 15-002

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.