window pins needed

A home owner from Monmouth IL says:

We have 7 windows that are to tilt in and they are loose and do not catch to tilt. We need the pins to hold them into place. Please advise type of pin we need for these windows.

Thank you

Diana 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window tag for pins.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Diana. Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid this sticker doesn't tell us what hardware your window uses. Can you show us some photos of the pin in question? That's the best way for us to help. 

These are the pictures of the one window that still have the hardware, if there are any type that will work with these windows let me know.
Thanks
Diana
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW PIN.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_002.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_003.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_004.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_005.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional photos! Our 26-352 pivot bar looks like a dead ringer for what you have here. Take a look at the specifications for this part and see what you think. 

Do you have the inside parts of the window also that is shown in the side for this pivot bar to go into? Most all windows are missing the bottom metal piece and twisted bar up the side.
Thanks
Diana
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_004.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Untitled_005.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Sure, it looks like you want either the Series 900 (3/8" diameter) or Series 600 (5/8" diameter). Your next step should be to measure the outer tube to verify which Series you have. The pivot shoe reminds me of the 15-178 and 15-188 but you'll need to remove yours from the window track in order to compare the specifications. 

Dimensions for 15-178
Dimensions for 15-178

Alternate image for 15-188
Alternate image for 15-188

I watched the video and our windows do not have a place where we can pull the pivot lock shoe out of the track on most of our windows there are none (broken out I do believe) I think when the windows were made they must have slid in the bottom or top and we do not have access to them. My husband is going to try to use a tool to make a opening to get one out. 

Do you have any other options that will work for these windows so the bottom does not come out when lifting the window.

Thank you 

Diana

Profile picture of Emily

The video below will show you how to remove your hardware using the cutout method.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence, however. It sounds like you're having an issue with the pivot bar from your initial post. Are you saying that you think the pivot bar is too short? If not, can you clarify the issues you're having? 

Sorry to be confusing we just could not get the part out of the track and we had to cut the tract to remove it. I do know which parts we need now I will get them ordered. Thank you for all your help.
Diana
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, Diana. Good luck with the repair and let me know if you need anything else! 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.