window roller replacement part

A quick learner from Fremont California says:
Looking to replace the rollers on Viking Vinyl sliding window. There rollers had wore down and require replacement. Would you be able to suggest the replacement part for it?

Thanks,
-Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9070.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see your roller fully removed from the window frame, along with written-out dimensions, to determine if we carry a possible replacement. In the meantime, you are welcome to look through our selection here. Thank you. 

A quick learner from Fremont California says:
Thanks for the reply. I've attached a couple of pictures, and 87-190 looks to be close fit. The concern is the depth of part, the broken piece is 1" but the available part is only 1/2". Is this a concern? As I have five windows, each has two rollers. All of them, either the wheels are worn or missing a wheel.

Additionally, look for a replacement part (picture IMG_9096.jpg), a window locking mechanism.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
-Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9096.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9095.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9093.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I agree that the 87-190 looks like our closest match to your roller but, unforutnately, we do not carry a version of this part that measures 1" tall. This is likely to be an issue since the sash may not sit high enough to engage properly with the top of the window. I'm sorry that we won't be able to provide a closer match but you are welcome to look through our selection of sliding window roller wheels here if you think that you could reuse the original housing. 

As for your sash lock, you can start by comparing the specifications of the 90-005 and 90-009 to yours. The only difference between these locks is the style of the tongue. Review the dimensions below to determine if one of these replacements could work for your repair. 

Comparison of 90-005 and 90-009
Comparison of 90-005 and 90-009

Alternate image for 90-005
Alternate image for 90-005

Alternate image for 90-009
Alternate image for 90-009

Latch thickness of 90-009 Window Lock.
Latch thickness of 90-009 Window Lock.

90-009 Window Lock Underside View
90-009 Window Lock Underside View

Alternate image for 87-190
Alternate image for 87-190

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.