dns industries 16 inside pull standard

A home owner from Scottsdale AZ says:

I need to replace a patio door inside pull. Stamped as DNS Industries 16 inside pull standard. Patio door locks and unlocks from inside only.

Measurements match your 82-008. 7-3/8 X 15/16. Screw centers 6-5/8. But Your latch is facing down and my latch is facing up.

Thanks
Lydia
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
We don't have an identical lock to this, but see our 82-002. This has the same dimensions adn the latch hook is towards the bottom of the handle, same as yours. See what you think.
A home owner from Hollywood, Fl says:
I need to replace my window lock, inside lock only, to sliding glass window between kitchen and porch. My old one no longer locks. It looks exactly like the one above left except that it does not have that curved piece at the very bottom. It is 15/16 of an inch wide, and 7 3/8 long. Written on the back is DIS Industries, 16 Inside Pull - Standard.

A window/Door store had one that was close, but not the same. It did not fit. Can you help me?

Dan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your part is not exactly the same as the one in this photo, you'd be dealing with a different part. In that case, a photo of a part that doesn't match yours isn't going to do the trick. We would need to see yours, since there could very well be more differences than just the bottom part. Can we see a photo of the part that you do need?
A home owner from Hollywood, FL says:
On second look, I do have that same curved piece at the bottom. It comes out when I slide the lever on the right down. The only difference with your picture on the above left that the night lock on off switch does not have that little silver piece at the top of it. It has only the switch that turns left for on (lock) and right for off (unlocked). It is an old part. It was here when we bought the house in 1989, and maybe when the house was built in 1967. It has always worked until now. We cannot turn it to the locked position of "on" (left turn). It is stuck in the "off" position.

I am going to try some WD40, then put it back in and try again, when I get someone to help me hold it in place to put the window handles in place later today. But, do you have a part that can replace it? The dimensions are as I wrote them in my email above.

-Dan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing your lock, I can't say for sure what will replace it. Our 82-002 is probably a good place to start. We have detailed dimensions and pictures on its store page that you can use as a reference.
A quick learner from Scottsdale, AZ says:
I have a 16 where the guts just broke.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4412.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4413.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Your old handle set looks like our 82-002. Just ensure that the dimensions and orientation of the hook match what you have. See the diagram below.

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.