do I cut the sweep shorter?

A quick learner from Englewood, Co says:
Hi - I am going to be installing your 10-324 and my question is... If the sweep gasket material is too "tall" to shut the shower door easily - can it be cut (horizontal cut the width of the shower door) and what's the best rule of thumb for keeping the water IN? Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It is a little tricky cutting the vinyl sweep on the 10-324. You could possibly cut it with a pair a heavy duty scissors or shears, but you may want to see if you can install it a little higher, instead. The only problem with that is that you have to be sure that installing it higher won't damage the door or glass!
A quick learner from Englewood, CO says:
Hi - thanks for the quick response. I understand about the difficulty of cutting - however, I really just am asking should the rubber sweep be vertical when the door is closed or is "bent in half" the proper installation?
(there is minimal frame at the bottom to mount the drip rail, so raising it is really not an option - but I suppose I could mount it on the glass with double stick tape, if I only knew where the sweep free edge should be positioned on the bottom of the door casing)
Please advise
thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I understand what you're saying. The vinyl sweep should be bent a little, though I'm not sure about being bent in half. That could increase the wear of the sweep and make door harder to operate. I also would not attach the 10-324 directly to the glass. It's better to keep on the frame itself. Using double stick tape is a good idea, and that way you know you won't drill or screw into the glass. I guess if the sweep is bent too much then try to cut it with a heavy pair of scissors.
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.