SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

do i have the 40-150

A home owner from hamilton twp. nj says:
the 40-150 looks like what I need, the outside is brass 1 inch wide 6.75 long with lever handle. looking at door hinges are on left so I take it is right handle I need ? I cant find any markings on door
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 40-150 can actually work for both the left and right hand side, so don't worry about that. I'm not sure if it's what you need, though. How do the dimensions we show compare to your measurements?
A home owner from hamilton twp. nj says:
Tom I sent you pictures on 9-3-14 about door, the 40-150 would work inside just trying to find out side brass handle, really nothing wrong with it just tarnished, just figured put new hardware on door itself it is in good shape I have REF#D44777
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional pictures. I'm still not sure if the 40-150 is a match, however. Did you check your dimensions, like I mentioned? How do they compare to the 40-150? That is the best way for you to determine if it will work for you or not.
A quick learner from hamilton nj says:
The dimensions are inside 2.50 height, 1.75screw holes, 1.25wide, would you have a match for outside brass handle that is 1inch wide 6.75 long, could be wider or longer to short might see old imprint on door
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you don't want to just replace the inside handle with the 40-150, I would suggest switching to a new type style altogether. Look up our 40-058 and 40-160 and carefully examine their dimensions. They will need a little retro fitting to work on your door, but they have the same 1-3/4" hole centers for the locks so it may be worth a shot.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)