does cam color matter?

A handy person from Owings Mills, MD says:
I think this may be the one I need: Product Code: 15-121 -- however, my existing broken one has a white cam. I'm attaching photos. It appears to be 9/16" thick, 2" long, and 1 1/4" wide. These windows were installed in 1998 I believe....no idea what brand.....pulte homes.
Pivot shoe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your shoe is 9/16" thick and 1-1/4" wide, and as long as the cam slot is 5/16" wide and 3/16" high, then I think the 15-121 can still work for you.
A handy person from Owings Mills, MD says:
The slot appears to be 3/8" wide. Would you have any other part number suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The color doesn't matter. The most important part are the dimensions, especially the width and thickness like Tom mentioned. The 15-118 may be another choice, but the cam size may be an issue. Please double check your dimensions. Seeing your pivot bar would also help.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.