SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

drawer guide

A home owner from Carmel, IN says:
I am trying to replace some old metal drawer guides that ran the full length of the drawer & were mounted under each drawer in the center. The wooden tracks in the desk are still intact & fine. My problem is the closest guide I can find is for a 5/16" x 1-1/8". The width is fine, but the opening height needs to be greater than 5/16".

Some of your specs don't show the measurement of the opening (track size). Do you have any guides with a height at least 3/8" or higher? Nobody seems to have the old metal full length guides.
User submitted photos of a metal drawer guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. That looks like a very wide track. I am not sure if we have a replacement that will work for it. You may want to consider replacing the whole track. Please take a look at our 32-063 Complete Drawer Track Kit and see if you think it will work as a possible replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)