SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

drawer track guides

A handy person from Florida says:
I have an old dresser with 4 drawers. the drawers have grooves on the left and right side (see picture). The grooves of each drawer slide on a plastic guide attached to the walls of the dresser (see picture). Some of the plastic guides are broken and need replacement.
I am attaching a picture of the drawer grooves and the plastic guide. I am also including a drawing of the top and side views of the guide, including the dimensions of the guide.
Do you have a replacement for the guides?
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we have an exact match for that. Check out our self-closing drawer track kits and see if any of these could work for you. If you don't have enough room, the only other thing that may work is our 32-063. Let me know what you think.

A handy person from Florida says:
Can you tell me the dimensions of the cross section of the guide of either unit you think may be a possibility. Are the dimensions close to the dimensions of my existing plastic guide. I wonder if I were to use the guide portion alone whether it would accept the existing grooves in the drawer.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Certainly. Check out this diagram for the self-closing drawer tracks.

The 32-063 would not fit on the side, but rather go underneath your drawer. I cannot guarantee that either will work, but they are the closest possible matches that we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)