SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

dresser drawer track hardware

A home owner from broomfield, co says:
We bought this dresser on craigslist before we realized that it was missing the drawer track hardware. The drawers seem to have had a track of some sort that ran along the middle of the bottom. However, this piece of wood seems to be part of the structure of the furniture (second image). There is no groove on this 5/8 inch center piece. I'm hoping for a guide that i can easily attach to the drawers... does such a thing exist? I am willing to replace the whole thing, if you think it's possible. I also looked to see if there is room for side rails, but there really is very little space on the outer wall.

the drawers are just shy of 14 inches deep.

let me know if more images are needed.
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we have something that can work, yes. Our 32-063 is a very versatile and easy-to-install track kit that may solve your problem. Check out the video below for more information and let me know if this is what you're looking for.
A home owner from broomfield, co says:
Will i need to cut out the piece of wood and replace it with the rail or can the rail be installed on top of the wood?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm honestly not sure. It would depend on if it would get in the way or not. That wooden rail seems flush with the lip of the drawer opening so it's possible that the 32-063 could just sit on top, but I'm not familiar with exactly how your drawer works or what the original track system was, so I can't say for sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)