SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

dual coil balance help

A home owner from USA says:
I had a dual coil setup come a part on one if my windows buying am unable to find out who made the window or balancer for it. While searching I came across your website a found the S140 balancer. It looks very similar but my coils are stamped 4Z and 5Z. Any ideas on which weight I should go with?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you using both the #4 and #5 coil on the same pivot shoe? If so, check out our S140-9. Also make sure that your pivot bar matches either our 26-398 or 26-305, which are the two that are used with the Series 140 balance.
A quick learner from Hopewell, VA says:
Thanks for the quick response. The right side of the balancer is still together minus the pivot bar. Both are broken. The pieces resemble the 26-304 pivot bar. I checked the measurement on the S140 and it is the same except it is a single coil. I think I'll order a pAir and install them. I'll let you know how it works out, thanks for the help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)