SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

emtek 322 replacement

A quick learner from Indianapolis, indiana says:
Is this a suitable replacement for the emtek 322 deadbolt on my outer door?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure. Note that the 40-089 is kind of oval in it's shape. Emtek's key cylinder might be a rectangular shape, at least from what I remember. You might need to replace the complete lock set with something like our 40-049. I can't make any guarantees, though. If you want, you can take a few pictures of your hardware and upload them here for me to see. With more information I can give you a more confident answer.
A quick learner says:
The picture was taken by my son on his cell phone. Let me know if it is not sufficient to let you know which lock I am to order. The deadbolt is malfunctioning on this emtek 322 lock which came on a Sears door (installed c. 1990). I cannot depend on the deadbolt to unlock with the knob and I have no keys. Thank you for your help.

User submitted a photo of door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, I still think the 40-089 key cylinder would be your best bet. Carefully examine the specs we show for it and see what you think. Also, I don't want to scare you, but the internal latch part with which the key cylinder tail comes into contact to unlock your door could be worn. You won't know, however, until you try it in your existing lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)