emtek 322 replacement

A quick learner from Indianapolis, indiana says:
Is this a suitable replacement for the emtek 322 deadbolt on my outer door?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure. Note that the 40-089 is kind of oval in it's shape. Emtek's key cylinder might be a rectangular shape, at least from what I remember. You might need to replace the complete lock set with something like our 40-049. I can't make any guarantees, though. If you want, you can take a few pictures of your hardware and upload them here for me to see. With more information I can give you a more confident answer.
A quick learner says:
The picture was taken by my son on his cell phone. Let me know if it is not sufficient to let you know which lock I am to order. The deadbolt is malfunctioning on this emtek 322 lock which came on a Sears door (installed c. 1990). I cannot depend on the deadbolt to unlock with the knob and I have no keys. Thank you for your help.

Aletha
User submitted a photo of door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your photo, I still think the 40-089 key cylinder would be your best bet. Carefully examine the specs we show for it and see what you think. Also, I don't want to scare you, but the internal latch part with which the key cylinder tail comes into contact to unlock your door could be worn. You won't know, however, until you try it in your existing lock.
A handy person from El Dorado, KS says:
My nephew has a door with emtek 322 and the handles fall far enough that the door won't stay latched. I thought I'd get him a replacement lock for Christmas. What do you suggest? Can I still get the 322 or is it obsolete?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell an exact match for the Emtek 322. As you can see above, the best match we have is our 40-049. It works a little differently but I've had customers tell me that it works well with a little handiwork.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.