SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

extension broken hardware on right-hand casement

A contractor from Joplin,Mo says:
The crank works since the new tenant cranked it open and the whole window literally fell to the ground. It seems the factory rivet on the lower arm broke out and the arm supposed to be connected to it is missing. The window glides on these two pivoting arms but also held on hook type keepers on the long side...I think. Seems very similar to the #39-187?

thx Bill
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill. The operator seems similar to the 39-187, yes, but the problem seems to be with the hinge, instead. See our 36-013-10 for a possible match and let me know if you could use this to fix the window.
A contractor from Joplin,Mo says:
Thx Tom, It seems that the 36-013-10" is a popular hinge. By set you mean an upper & lower hinge pairing I suspect. Like the Kentucky inquiry on 4/28 I too have the #40942-A on the track. I will be back to the window's location next week for another issue and will measure the track length to be sure and order then. Thx so much for the human contact in this fix.

thx Bill the Joplinhandyman.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not a problem, I'm glad we can help! The 36-013-10 set comes with two hinges, which can either be used on the left and right or the top and bottom, depending on your needs.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)