exterior key lock set for Anderson patio door

A handy person from Gillette, NJ says:
I need an exterior key lock for my old (30 years) anderson wooden sliding patio door. It only has an inside latch and I wanted to know if the 82-309 would do it? If so, what drilling or other fabrication would be necessary?

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 82-309 could possibly work for your Andersen wood sliding door, because the Andersen's key cylinder is very similar to the 82-309. However, I think it may be a good idea to contact your local Andersen dealer to determine the exact replacement lock you need.
A professional from california says:
I have a sliding glass door that has a pull handle on both inside and outside. I need to make it lock from the outside . It has a latch you pull up and down to lock and unlock on inside handle. The outside has no key hole but when I take the outside pull handle off with two screws there is 3 indented circles on the backside of the outside handle , almost like punch out circles but they cant be punched out but, it looks like this is directly lined up for a key cyl. there is a hole for a tailpiece on the door directly behind the middle "knockout circle" . I dont have the name of the door Manufacturer but it has double Locking latches and Numbers on the frame sticker.... Series 690-890 SCID Code WP-1 It is a Hard PVC like door Frame white color . My question is it looks like the 82-309 would fit except the screw holes on the 82-309 line up with the top and bottom circles but I dont understand how it would attach unless I drilled holes for the screws thru the circles which look like they coorespond ? Can you help me out ?
Thanks keenan
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
In regards to the #82-309 key lock, you remove the outside handle and either punch out or drill out a hole for the tail piece. You will also drill two holes to attach the lock to the handle (screws come with lock).
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
82-309 : Key Lock Set
82-309
Price: $15.49
Key Lock Set
How to maintain a sliding glass door
Guide
How to maintain a sliding glass door