SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

felt weatherstripping for commercial doors

A professional from Newton Iowa says:
I have a unique issue that I'm hoping you can help me with. The entrance doors where I work are about 15-20 years old and the felt weatherstripping between the two mating doors is worm out. I've removed the end panel on the door that holds the felt strip thinking I could simply slide the old one out and replace it but it's an integral part of the door piece. DO you have any idea where I can purchase replacement parts? I have added a picture so you can see what I'm dealing with.
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm not sure what you have without seeing it removed, unfortunately. You may want to start by looking at our 58-085. What do you think?
A professional from Newton Iowa says:
Here is a picture of what I need to replace. It mounts to the non-hinge side of the door to seal the gap between the two mating doors.
A customer submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, thanks for the new picture. How about our 58-050? I can't be sure without your dimensions, but I think this would be a good place to start. Take a look and see what you think.
A quick learner from Phoenix AZ says:
This is a general question. The above picture matches what we have at our office. The wool pile is worn out and needs to be replaced. Does that wool pile slide out of the track so that it alone can be replaced or do I have to purchase the entire metal tract? I had a company come out to look at it and they adjusted the screws to decrease the gap of the worn out weatherstripping between the doors. All that did was prevent the doors from closing all the way so I screwed them back in. They told me that the entire metal track needed to be replace. I don't believe that. I hope I'm right.
Denise
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
In some cases the metal track is no longer available and you can only replace the wool pile. It really depends on the kind of damage.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)