SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

flush mount sliding glass door handle

A home owner from USA says:
I am looking for a flush mount sliding glass door handle with a keyed lock as it is an entry way door. The door is 1 1/2 wide and i have attached a picture of the holes that are in the door. They are aprox 3 1/2 inches apart as you will be able to see from the picture, though i can drill new holes if you cant find an exact match. Thank you for your time and I hope you can help as I have been searching for a while.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... it's hard to say what you have without seeing the original handle set, but check out our 82-055K and let me know if you think this might work. I can't guarantee it, but it does have a 3-1/2" hole spacing and it is keyed.
A quick learner from Ma says:
Will that fit a door that's 1 1/2 inches thick? It looks a lot like the old one but it says 1 1/4. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, that might change things. 1-1/2" is pretty thick. In that case, you might want to consider one of our surface-mounted handles like our 82-005. Check it out and see what you think. You will have to redrill your installation holes, but since it's surface mounted your door thickness will be irrelevant.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)